Monday, May 9, 2011
First Anniversary
After we returned from Portugal, Colin and I celebrated our official First Wedding Anniversary on May 1st. We looked at wedding pics, watched our wedding highlight video and read the cards we received. To surprise Colin in the afternoon, I brought out the top of our wedding cake that my mom shipped us all the way from California! It was a great gift from my parents. We had to touch up the frosting a bit, but it still tasted absolutely delicious. Thanks again, M&D!
It was so fun to re-create a few things from our wedding reception - the bellini's, the peach flowers and our first dance (so nice of Colin to agree to do it again. :) ) Yes, we are that sappy. But we love looking back at our wedding day and the great time we had.
We've been so fortunate to have such a great first year of marriage...over this past year, I think that our most trying moment so far was just struggling to get the darn heat in our house to work during the cold German winter! We do consider ourselves very blessed to count that as our only "newlywed challenge".
It has been amazing to move to Germany together, travel together and meet new friends together. It is funny that it took moving across the Atlantic Ocean for us to finally live and work in the same place. Even in spite of being so far away from our friends and family, whom we miss very much, I still feel like I am exactly where I should be because I am with my wonderful husband. :)
Colin did have to deploy shortly after our first anniversary, but we feel lucky that for our entire first year, he did not have to deploy once. Lola and I miss him, but are looking forward to having him back with us at the end of May and to all the fun trips we have planned for June!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Happy Anniversary Cara and Colin, First Year!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures, complete with Peach flowers! I am amazed the cake was delicious! Incredible, guess the dry ice and cooler was worth it. Thanks for sharing, we have special memories of the day, filled with love and happiness for all.
Love, Mom and Dad
Happy Anniversary to you and Colin! So awesome that your mom shipped you the top tier of the cake! :) Thinking good thoughts for you both and missing you too!
ReplyDeletexo,
Shaina